Pumpkin Caramel Flan
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup LIBBY'S
100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 8-inch square baking dish into a 13 x
9-inch baking dish; fill outer dish with hot water to 3/4-inch depth.
- Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until melted and golden brown; pour into square dish.
- Remove square dish from pan of water; working quickly, swirl melted sugar
around bottom and sides of dish to coat.
- Return dish to water.
- Combine eggs, egg whites, pumpkin, honey, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract
and salt in a medium bowl; Add evaporated milk; mix well.
- Pour into prepared square baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out
- Remove square baking dish from water.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight
- To serve, run a small spatula around edge of dish. Invert serving plate
over baking dish. Turn over; shake gently to release. Caramelized sugar forms
- Cut into quarters diagonally; cut each quarter in half to form triangles.
- Spoon sauce over each serving.
Yield: 8 servings