This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake
The blend of pumpkin and ginger not only gives a wonderful aroma to your kitchen,
but will also make a memorable dessert for your family and friends.
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 36 cookies)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (16 ounce) can sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crumbled gingersnap cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Tightly wrap outside bottom and side of 9-inch
springform pan with 2 pieces of foil to prevent leakage. Lightly grease inside of pan.
- Crust: Combine cookie crumbs, granulated sugar and butter in medium bowl.
- Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared pan.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large
mixer bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk.
- Add cornstarch, ginger and cloves; beat well.
- Pour into crust.
- Place pan in large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with hot water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
- Topping: Combine sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in
small bowl; mix well.
- Remove cheesecake from water bath, leaving water bath in oven.
- Spread sour cream mixture over surface of warm cheesecake.
- Return cake to water bath; bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Remove cheesecake from water bath to wire rack.
- Run knife around edge of cheesecake.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Top with crumbled gingersnaps.
- Remove side of pan.
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 1 hr 16 min | Servings: 16
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Nestlé® and Meals.com