Pumpkin Mousse Ice Cream Pie
The crust is the only part of this elegant Pumpkin Mouse Ice Cream ensemble which
is baked. Luscious filling made from a mixture of ice cream and pumpkin is chilled
with a whipped cream topping.
- 1 1/4 cups (about 28) crushed gingersnap cookies
cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar caramel or butterscotch
- 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine crushed cookies, butter and 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl.
- Press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Spread ice cream over gingersnap crust.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Combine pumpkin, 3/4 cup sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl.
- Beat whipping cream and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until stiff
peaks form; fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon over ice cream.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Serve with Pumpkin Topping.
- For Pumpkin Topping: Combine caramel or butterscotch sauce, LIBBY'S®
100% Pure Pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé® and meals.com.