- 1 box frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten, to use for an egg wash on pastry dough
- Thaw one sheet of frozen puff pastry dough for about 30 minutes, until flexible
but still cold.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar and spices in a bowl. Set aside while preparing dough.
- Place oven rack in center of oven and heat to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out dough until thin, about 1/16 inch, and cut into four large circles.
Using your fingertips or a pastry brush, brush around edges of each circle with
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons pumpkin mixture onto centers of circles. Fold
circles in half to cover mixture and seal the edges by crimping with a fork
(dip fork in cold water each time to keep from sticking.)
- Brush tops of pasties with remaining beaten egg and sprinkle with a little
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes in the center
of oven until golden.
May be eaten warm or cold.