This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pumpkin Patch Party Cakes
Spice up fall festivities with these party-perfect pumpkin cakes. With a cinnamon
stick stem, these decorative delights are simply delicious!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 (4-inch) cinnamon sticks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 6-cavity mini-fluted tube pans
with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt and baking soda in
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl for 3
to 4 minutes or until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Spoon evenly into prepared cavities (about 1/2 cup batter in each). Gently
tap pan on counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cakes comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; invert onto wire racks to cool
- With serrated knife, carefully cut bottoms off all cakes so surface is level/flat.
(Cooks tip: save the bottoms for enjoyment later!)
- Beat cream cheese and orange extract in large mixer bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mixture over cut side of 6 cakes to within 1/4-inch
of edge (be sure to spread mixture over hole in center).
- Place the 6 cakes without icing on top of cakes with icing.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk to remaining cream cheese mixture; beat until smooth.
The consistency should be thin enough to drizzle; add more milk as needed.
- Drizzle over cakes (use any leftover icing for the cake bottoms above).
- Before serving, push one cinnamon stick in center of each "pumpkin"
(stick should rest on cream cheese mixture in center of cakes).
Servings: 6 cakes (12 servings total)
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): VeryBestBaking.com