Pumpkin Pie Crème Brulee
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 1/2 cups heavy
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sugar,
for sprinkling on top
- Mix together the flour and salt.
- Cut your butter up into small chunks and add it in using a pastry blender
or a fork. Once it’s all added in, add in a teaspoon of water and work it into
dough. If it’s too wet sprinkle a little extra flour. If it’s not wet enough,
add a touch more water to get the desired consistency.
- Cut your dough into four pieces and roll out each individual piece. Lay
each of your dough pieces over a ramekin and shape it in. Stick a few fork tongs
in it to release steam and throw a few dried beans or pie weights on the bottom
to keep it from bubbling up.
- Cook them in a 350 degree (F) oven for 25 minutes. Pull them out and let
- While the crust is cooling, go ahead and add together your cream, evaporated
milk, vanilla, syrup, salt and pumpkin pie spice into a pan. Heat it up until
just boiling and then remove it from the heat.
- Whisk up your eggs and the 1/2 cup of sugar well. Grab about 1/2 cup of
the cream mixture and slowly add it to the egg mixture. Now add your egg mixture
slowly back into the cream while continuing to whisk. Finally, add in your pumpkin
and whisk it all together.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into your crusts. Now stick the ramekins into a
deep baking dish and fill it up with hot water to the line of the custard. Be
sure not to let any water get into the custard!
- Stick it in your oven heated up to 300 degrees (F) and let it cook for about
45 minutes. It should be a little jiggly in the center when done. Pull them
out, let them cool and then put them in the fridge overnight.
- Grab your sprinkling sugar and pour a thin layer over the top of your crème
Brûlée. Take a kitchen torch and cook the top of them until the sugar melts
down and just starts to brown up. If you don’t have a torch you can throw them
under the broiler in your oven for 2 minutes.
- For the cinnamon maple whipped cream, throw 1 cup cream, 1/4 cup sugar,
2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
into your mixer. Whip it into cream and serve.
Prep: 20 mins | Cooking: 75 mins | Level: Challenging
Cooling: 60 mins
| Yield: 4
By: LIBBY'S PUMPKIN
Reprinted with permission from
VeryBestBaking.com and Nestlé®.