Pumpkin Raisin Bread Pudding
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf raisin bread with cinnamon, each slice cut into 4 pieces
- 5 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs plus 4 egg whites
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat milk, sugar, pumpkin, flour,
ground ginger, vanilla extract and eggs until well mixed.
- Add bread, and gently press down bread to coat well. Let bread soak in milk
mixture 15 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Set baking dish in large
roasting pan, then place on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water
halfway up the side of baking dish.
- Bake bread pudding 1 1/4 hours or until knife inserted in center comes out
- Carefully remove baking dish from water in roasting pan to wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition facts: 230 calories, 4.5 g fat, 199 mg sodium, 2.4 g fiber