This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 34 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cake: In mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil. Add eggs; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Pour into greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in mixing bowl
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Add milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost cake, then sprinkle with chopped nuts.