This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pumpkin Spice Roll
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8 ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups COOL WHIP or COOL WHIP French Vanilla Whipped
Topping, thawed (1/2 of 8-ounce tub)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Line
with wax paper; grease and flour wax paper. Sprinkle clean towel with 1/4 cup
of the powdered sugar.
- Mix flour, spice, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until
- Add pumpkin; mix well.
- Add flour mixture; beat just until blended.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
- Immediately invert cake onto towel; remove pan. Carefully peel off paper.
Starting at one of the short sides, roll up cake and towel together.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar in medium bowl with
electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add whipped topping; mix well.
- Carefully unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Reroll cake; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar just before serving.
Yield: 10 servings
Make Ahead: One 15 ounce can pumpkin contains enough pumpkin for 2 Pumpkin Spice
Rolls. Eat one now and enjoy the second one later. To store cake, wrap tightly in
plastic wrap, then in foil. Store in freezer up to 1 month. Place in refrigerator
to thaw overnight.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 320; Total fat 15g; Saturated fat 6g; Cholesterol
75mg; Sodium 180mg; Carbohydrate 45g; Dietary fiber 1g; Sugars 34g; Protein 4g;
Vitamin A 60%DV; Vitamin C 0%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 8%DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Kraft Kitchens