- 2 cups crumbled unfrosted spice cake, muffins or gingerbread
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 1/2 cups cold non-fat milk
- 4 small boxes instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Set aside 1/4 cup of cake crumbs for top. Divide remaining crumbs into four
portions; sprinkle one portion into the bottom of a trifle bowl or 3-quart serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, spices, milk and pudding mixes;
mix until smooth.
- Spoon half into the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a second portion of crumbs.
- Whip cream until stiff; spoon half into bowl.
- Sprinkle with a third portion of crumbs.
- Top with the remaining pumpkin mixture, then last portion of crumbs and
remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs on top, around the edge of the bowl.
- Place cherries in the center, if desired.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings