Slow Cooker Pumpkin-Apple Dessert
Meet a dessert that knows how to spell homemade with great flavor.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Ice cream, if desired
- Spray 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spoon pie filling
into cooker; spread evenly.
- Beat remaining ingredients except ice cream with electric mixer on low speed
for 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter over pie filling.
- Cover and cook on High heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until
wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with ice cream.
Yield: 12 servings
This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side
and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow
cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer's directions for layering
ingredients and choosing a temperature.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 275 (Calories from Fat 55 ); Total
Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 150 mg; Total Carbohydrate
52 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g); Protein 4 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 64 %; Vitamin
C 0%; Calcium 8 %; Iron 12 %
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.