Walnut Crunch Pumpkin Pie
A candied layer of walnuts is broiled on top of this creamy pumpkin pie for an
elegant version of this traditional holiday dessert. Sort of a Pumpkin Pie Brûlée
for the pilgrim set!
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, unbaked
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
(12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine walnuts and brown sugar in small bowl.
- Place 3/4 cup nut-sugar mixture on bottom of pie shell.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice
and salt in medium bowl; mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until
knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine butter and remaining nut-sugar mixture; stir until moistened.
- Sprinkle over cooled pie.
- Broil about 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly.
Cool before serving.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr 3 mins
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé and meals.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes