Wild Rice Stuffing
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) package wild rice (2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
medium-size carrots, sliced
- 2 medium-size celery stalks, sliced
- 1 medium-size
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups regular long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In 4-quart saucepan over high heat, heat chicken broth, wild rice, salt,
thyme, and 1 1/2 cups water to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon
vegetable oil. Add carrots, celery, and onion and cook until tender-crisp, stirring
- Remove carrot mixture to bowl.
- In same skillet in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, cook mushrooms until golden
brown and all liquid evaporates.
- Stir long-grain rice, carrot mixture, and mushrooms into wild rice; over
high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes
or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in chopped parsley.
Use to stuff a 12- to 16-pound turkey. Or, spoon into serving bowl; keep