Yam Cornbread Stuffing
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups fresh sweet potatoes (yams), peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook sweet potatoes, onion and celery in margarine for
5 to 7 minutes or until just tender.
- Spoon mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in parsley and ginger.
- Add cornbread and pecans. Toss gently to coat.
- Add enough chicken broth to moisten.
- Place stuffing in a casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: about 6 cups (10 servings)
Per serving: Cal 171 (35% from fat); Fat 7g; Protein 4g; Carb 25g; Chol 26mg;
Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.