Cedar Planked Salmon with Spiced Cranberry Relish
- 1 untreated 6 x 12-inch cedar plank or shingle*
* Planks can be used several times if soaked well and used over indirect heat. After use, rinse plank well with warm water. Use scrub brush if needed.
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 3/4 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) salmon filet, 3/4 to 1 1/4 inches thick
- Accessory: Soak cedar plank or shingle in water for 1 to 2 hours.
- Relish: Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender and mixture thickens. Cool.
- Marinade: Combine soy sauce, orange juice and honey in shallow dish; add salmon, skin side up.
- Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill for medium-high indirect heat.
- Salmon: Place salmon skin side down on plank; place on grill. Grill for 20 to 30 minutes or until flesh is opaque and flakes easily with fork.
- Place salmon on serving platter and cut into 4 pieces.
- Serve with relish.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: Cal. 326.5 (16 % DV), Fat Cal. 105.3, Pro. 23.2g (46 % DV), Carb. 31.1g (10 % DV), Fat 11.7 g (18% DV), Chol. 56.1mg (19% DV), Sod. 576.8mg (24 % DV), Vit. A 140.7RE (10% DV), Vit C 23.8mg (40% DV), Vit. E .04mg (0% DV), Calcium 38.0mg (4 % DV), Iron .05mg (3% DV), Folate 36.5Ug (9 % DV), Zinc 0.6mg (4 % DV, Pot. 511.5mg (15 % DV)
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 2.0, Meat 3.0, Fat 1.0
Recipe and photo used with permission from: