Cranberry Linguine Florentine
Cranberry Linguine Florentine is creamy and healthy, and the cranberries add a touch of tartness to this dish.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 ounce mixed dried mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked
- Place dried mushrooms in a small bowl. Cover with 1/3 cup boiling water; let stand 20 minutes to soften.
- Pour through a strainer lined with a damp paper towel; reserve liquid.
- Cut mushrooms into thin strips; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add all mushrooms and shallots. Cook until shallots are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add beef broth and reserved mushroom liquid. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring frequently.
- Add Half-and-Half; bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced to a thick sauce consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted and liquid evaporates.
- Add sauce, lemon juice and nutmeg; stir gently to coat spinach.
- Add dried cranberries and pine nuts; heat through.
- Serve over linguine.
Per serving: Cal. 508, Total Fat 29 grams, Sat. Fat 12 grams, Protein 13 grams, Carb 53 grams, Chol. 47 mg, Dietary Fiber 5 grams, Sugar 13 grams
Vit. A 631RE, Folate 153 Ug, Vit. E 3 mg, Vit. C 22 mg, Sodium 451 mg, Pot. 762 mg, Iron 5 mg, Calcium 156 mg, Zinc 1 mg