This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Italian Pumpkin Strata
Dense and creamy this vegetable-filled strata employs bread, cheese, milk, pumpkin
and eggs to create a moist and delicious casserole you can cut into squares or wedges
and serve with a platter of fresh fruit for a smashing brunch!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 cups (about 1 pound loaf) 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Italian or French bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, bell
peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring to break up sausage, for 7 to 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine bread cubes, cheese and sausage mixture in a large bowl.
- Beat evaporated milk, pumpkin, eggs, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and marjoram
in medium bowl. Pour over bread mixture, stirring gently to moisten bread.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 40 min | Servings: 12
Nutritional Information Calories: 366 Calories from Fat: 163 Total Fat: 18.1
g Saturated Fat: 7.9 g Cholesterol: 119 mg Sodium: 826 mg Carbohydrates: 30.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g Sugars: 1.1 g Protein: 19.9 g
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé® and meals.com