Lemony Roast Chicken with
Sage-Scented Mashed Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 2 chicken breast halves, skin on, bone in
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Sage Mashed Potatoes
- 6 red new potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chicken: Press 1/2 teaspoon crushed peppercorns into
skin side of each breast or thigh. Loosen skin and arrange 2 thyme sprigs under skin of each breast or thigh.
- Place chicken in shallow roasting dish.
- Sprinkle half the olive oil and salt over each piece of chicken.
- Squeeze juice of 1 lemon wedge over each piece of chicken.
- Roast chicken for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with remaining 2 lemon wedges.
- Sage Mashed Potatoes: Place potatoes in small pan with
1 teaspoon salt and water to cover. Bring to boil. Cook at low boil until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and peel potatoes. Return to pan. Add butter and milk.
- Coarsely mash potatoes into butter and milk.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, sage and pepper.
- Serve hot.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.