Pork Chops with Apple-Sage Stuffing
Apples and sage-scented stuffing made from an easy packaged mix cook with smoked chops, then rest overnight to marry flavors even more.
Make the Most of This Recipe: It is safe to place the fully cooked smoked pork chops over the stuffing and refrigerate overnight; the pork is thoroughly heated with the stuffing. Smoked pork chops are similar in color to ham.
Ingredient Substitutions: For more flavor, add an additional 1/2 teaspoon of crushed dried sage leaves to the stuffing. For moister stuffing, add 1/4 cup of additional apple juice.
Kitchen Tip: This recipe may be baked as directed on the recipe immediately after assembly.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package sage and onion-seasoned one-step stuffing mix
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless smoked pork chops
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add apple, raisins and apple juice; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing mix.
- Spread mixture in sprayed baking dish. Top with pork chops. Cover with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover baking dish; brush pork chops with jelly.
- Bake uncovered an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until pork chops are thoroughly heated.
Prep: 15 min | Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 510 o (Calories from Fat 125), Total Fat 14g o (Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 2210mg; Total Carbohydrate 68g o (Dietary Fiber 3g, o Sugars 30g), Protein 28g
Percent Daily Value*: Calcium
Exchanges: 3 Starch; 1 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 4 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.