Pork with Pumpkin
- 1 slice thick bacon
- 2 cups fresh, peeled and sliced (1/4-inch pieces) pumpkin
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh chicken stock or canned chicken broth
- 1 pound pork butt or shoulder, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan or wok, fry the bacon until it is transparent.
- Add the pumpkin slices and onions. Stir around in the rendered bacon fat.
- Add the broth. Cover and cook over medium heat until the pumpkin is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Reheat the pan and sauté the pork until done, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and toss with the cumin, salt, and pepper. Cover for just a moment so that the flavors may develop.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.