Pumpkin Chili Mexicana
Pumpkin lends color and nutrients to this creamy Chili Mexicana. Onion, chile peppers, ground turkey and kidney beans seasoned with cumin and chili powder make a zesty and flavorful dish.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 40 min | Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add turkey; cook until browned. Drain.
- Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.