Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Sauce
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fresh grated or shredded Parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano-reggiano)
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons ground amaretti cookies or almond biscotti
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- Dash freshly chopped sage
- 1/2 cup cream
- Make ravioli dough and press or buy pre-made.
- Pumpkin Filling: Combine all filling ingredients. Use to fill ravioli dough by putting 1 teaspoon of filling onto one square of dough; moisten edges (use egg wash or egg beaten with a little water), then top with another square of dough, pressing edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Cook in boiling water for 6 - 8 minutes or till pasta is cooked, but firm.
- Drain ravioli and keep warm while preparing sauce.
- Sage Sauce: Melt butter with sage.
- Stir in cream and heat to hot but not boiling. Pour over hot pasta.