Festive Cranberry-Pineapple Salad
Add some color to your dessert buffet with this Festive Cranberry-Pineapple JELL-O® Mold! Whole berry cranberry sauce and crushed pineapples are mixed with raspberry JELL-O and chopped apples to make this festive, fruity cranberry pineapple JELL-O® dessert.
Substitute: Prepare as directed, using Jell-O Brand Cherry Flavor Gelatin.
- 1 (20 ounce) can Dole Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 2 (3.25 ounce each) boxes or 1 (6 ounce) box Jell-O Brand Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium Dole Apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped Planters Walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid in 1-quart liquid measuring cup. Remove 1 tablespoon of the crushed pineapple; set aside for garnish.
- Add enough cold water to reserved liquid to measure 3 cups; pour into large saucepan. Bring to boil; remove from heat.
- Add gelatin; stir at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add cranberry sauce; stir until well blended. (Note: Due to the presence of whole berries in the cranberry sauce, the gelatin mixture will not be smooth.)
- Pour into large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites.)
- Stir in remaining pineapple, the apples and walnuts; stir gently until well blended.
- Pour into medium serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Top with reserved crushed pineapple and garnish with apple slices just before serving.
- Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
Yield: 14 servings
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 160, Total fat 3.5g, Saturated fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Carbohydrate 33g, Dietary fiber 1g, Sugars 31g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 0%DV, Vitamin C 8%DV, Calcium 0%DV, Iron 2%DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company