Layered Cranberry Mousse Mold
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6-ounce) package Jell-O Brand Cranberry Flavor
Gelatin, or any red flavor
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until
- Add cranberry sauce; stir until melted.
- Stir in cold water.
- Pour 2 cups of the gelatin mixture into 6-cup mold sprayed with cooking
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set but not firm. (Gelatin should stick
to finger and should mound.)
- Meanwhile, refrigerate remaining gelatin mixture 30 minutes or until slightly
thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Add 2 cups of the whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour over gelatin in mold.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Top with remaining whipped topping just before serving.
- Store leftover gelatin mold in refrigerator.
Yield: 12 servings
Substitute 2 (3.25-ounce each) packages Jell-O Brand Cranberry Flavor Gelatin
or any red flavor, for the 1 (6-ounce) package gelatin.
How To Unmold Gelatin: Dip mold in warm water for about 15 seconds. Gently pull
gelatin from around edges with moist fingers. Place moistened serving plate on top
of mold. Invert mold and plate; Holding mold and plate together, shake slightly
to loosen. Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.
Nutrition (per serving):Calories 170, Total fat 3.5g, Saturated fat 3.5g,
Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 75mg, Carbohydrate 33g, Dietary fiber 0g, Sugars 30g, Protein
2g, Vitamin A 0%DV, Vitamin C 0%DV, Calcium 0%DV, Iron 0%DV
Recipe and photo credit: