This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Ambrosia Sweet Potato Bake
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 orange
- 6 or 7 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Thinly slice 1/2 lemon and 1/2 orange with peels.
- Alternate lemon and orange slices with cooked sweet potatoes in an 11 1/2
x 7 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch buttered casserole dish.
- Combine crushed pineapple, brown sugar, melted butter and salt. Pour over
all sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 30 minutes.