This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Tropical
- 8 small sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in their own juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes; pierce them with a small knife or fork. Place
them on a baking sheet and bake until they are tender when pierced, about 45
minutes (or, to microwave, place sweet potatoes in batches in a microwave-safe
dish; microwave on HIGH about 6 minutes per pound or until tender when pierced).
- When sweet potatoes are nearly done, combine orange juice and pineapple
juice from can in a saucepan; cut each pineapple chunk in half then add to juices
along with raisins and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat,
- Mix cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water until smooth.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add cornstarch mixture to sauce. Stir until
sauce bubbles and thickens, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- To serve, cut each sweet potato open, fluff insides with a fork, and top
with a generous spoonful of sauce.
- Offer coconut to add to taste.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition: calories 232; protein 3g; carbohydrate 56g; fat 1g (2% cal from
fat); cholesterol 0mg; sodium 21mg; vitamin A 26,788 IU; fiber 5g