This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Banana and Sweet Potato Casserole
A healthy replacement for the holiday candied yams, but easy enough for any weeknight
- 5 Chiquita Bananas, skin should have brown spots
- 5 sweet potatoes, medium size
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey, brown sugar or Splenda brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a fork, poke holes in sweet potatoes and bake for 1 hour.
- Add whole bananas in their skin and bake an additional 15 minutes in the
- Once cooled peel and place in mixer with sugar butter salt cinnamon and
nutmeg. Mix until smooth.
- Place mixture in a 3-6 inch diameter pre-greased pan and set aside.
- Then in same mixing bowl add walnuts, wheat flour and brown sugar and mix
for 30 seconds.
- Spread on top of casserole and bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30
minutes and serve.
You can make this casserole one day before your event.
They can also be cooked in round ramekins for a nice presentation.
Recipe and photo credit: Chiquita Bananas LLC