Banana and Sweet Potato Casserole
A healthy replacement for the holiday candied yams, Banana and Sweet Potato Casserole is easy enough for any weeknight dinner.
You can make this casserole one day before your event.
They can also be cooked in round ramekins for a nice presentation.
- 5 Chiquita Bananas, skin should have brown spots
- 5 sweet potatoes, medium size
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey, brown sugar or Splenda brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a fork, poke holes in sweet potatoes and bake for 1 hour.
- Add whole bananas in their skin and bake an additional 15 minutes in the oven.
- Once cooled peel and place in mixer with sugar butter salt cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until smooth.
- Place mixture in a 3-6 inch diameter pre-greased pan and set aside.
- Then in same mixing bowl add walnuts, wheat flour and brown sugar and mix for 30 seconds.
- Spread on top of casserole and bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes and serve.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Chiquita Bananas LLC
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.