This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Brown Sugar Carrots
- 3/4 pound medium carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- Dash of salt
- Cut carrots in half, both crosswise and lengthwise.
- Cook carrots in a medium saucepan, covered, in a small amount of boiling
water 8-10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Drain well; remove from pan.
- In the same saucepan combine butter or margarine, brown sugar, and salt.
Stir over medium heat until combined.
- Add carrots. Cook, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until glazed, stirring
- Season to taste with pepper.
Yield: 4 servings