Cheesy Pumpkin Polenta
- 5 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth, or water (plus more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup cooked pumpkin puree, fresh-made or canned (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/3 cups cornmeal
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Bring broth, salt, ginger, and nutmeg to a boil.
- Stir in pumpkin puree.
- While constantly whisking, add cornmeal in a slow, steady stream.
- When the cornmeal has been incorporated and mixture is smooth, add the cream
cheese a little at a time, continuing to stir until cream cheese has melted into the mixture.
- Continue cooking, stirring almost constantly, until mixture is thick and
cornmeal is cooked completely, about 20 minutes. If the mixture becomes too thick to stir, add additional hot broth a little at
a time. When done, it should be very thick and will pull away from the sides of the pot when stirred. Be sure the polenta is
completely cooked, with no hard grains remaining.
- Serve hot immediately as it will firm up solid as it stands.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.