Cranberry Sauce recipe is so easy and delicious that you'll never need to open another can of cranberry sauce again!
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 pound (4 cups) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Rinse cranberries with cool water, and remove any stems or blemished berries.
- Heat water and sugar to boiling in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue boiling 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cranberries. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue boiling about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop. Be sure to cook the cranberries until they "pop" in order to release the natural pectin, which thickens the sauce.
- Pour sauce into bowl or container.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until chilled.
Want more flavor? Stir in 1 tablespoon grated orange peel after cooking.
Nutrition per serving: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 0); Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 0mg; Total Carbohydrate 29 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 0g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 2 Fruit
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.