Cranberry Sauce recipe is so easy and delicious that you'll never
need to open another can of cranberry sauce again!
Want more flavor? Stir in 1 tablespoon grated orange peel after cooking.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries (4 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Rinse cranberries with cool water, and remove any stems or blemished
- Heat water and sugar to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring
occasionally. Continue boiling 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cranberries. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Continue boiling about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop. Be sure to cook the cranberries
until they "pop" in order to release the natural pectin, which thickens the sauce.
- Pour sauce into bowl or container.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 0); Total
Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 0mg; Total Carbohydrate 29 g
(Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 0g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%;
Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 2 Fruit
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills