Honey-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Wash and pierce potatoes or yams. Place on a piece of heavy-duty foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes until just tender.
- Cool, peel and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Spray an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cooked potatoes or yams in dish; set aside.
- In small pan, combine orange juice, honey, cornstarch, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Stir until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat stirring until thick and mixture begins to boil. Stir and cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour over potatoes or yams stirring to coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes until hot and potatoes are tender.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Honey Board