Maple Walnut Sweet Potato Casserole
Topped with crunchy walnuts, this sweet potato casserole is one-of-a-kind with
layers of sweet potatoes, yams and fresh pears, drizzled with maple syrup!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 pounds yams, peeled,
sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 pears, large, ripe, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter,
cut into small pieces
- 1 cup California walnuts, coarsely broken or chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly butter a 13 X 9-inch baking dish.
- Place yams and sweet potatoes in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket
and steam for 15 minutes or until almost fully cooked. (Or place in a large
covered bowl with 1-inch of water and microwave on HIGH).
- Place half in the bottom of prepared dish and top with half the pears.
- Repeat layers.
- Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Drizzle with syrup and dot with butter.
- Top with walnuts and bake for 30 minutes.
Total Time 1 Hr, 5 Mins
Cook Time 45 Mins
Active Time 20 Mins
Nutrition information: 277 Calories Fat 10g Saturated Fat 3g Monounsaturated
Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 65mg Carbohydrates
45g Dietary Fiber 6g Protein 4g
Created By Patty Mastracco - Cookbook author, food stylist and recipe creator
Reprinted with permission from