Maple Walnut Sweet Potato Casserole
Topped with crunchy walnuts, this Maple Walnut Sweet Potato Casserole is one-of-a-kind with layers of sweet potatoes, yams and fresh pears, drizzled with maple syrup!
Cook: 45 min | Yield: 12 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 pounds yams, peeled, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 pears, large, ripe, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup California walnuts, coarsely broken or chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Place yams and sweet potatoes in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket
and steam for 15 minutes or until almost fully cooked. (Or place in a large covered bowl with 1 inch of water and microwave on HIGH).
- Place half in the bottom of prepared dish and top with half the pears.
- Repeat layers.
- Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Drizzle with syrup and dot with butter.
- Top with walnuts and bake for 30 minutes.
Per serving: 277 Calories Fat 10g Saturated Fat 3g Monounsaturated Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 65mg Carbohydrates 45g Dietary Fiber 6g Protein 4g