Pumpkin Confetti Rice
Add some new appeal to your typical weeknight dinner with this easy-to-make side
dish. Pumpkin easily blends in with the brown rice and vegetables for additional
nutrition, moistness and eye-appeal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetable
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can vegetable
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally,
for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add vegetables, pumpkin, broth, water and thyme. Bring to a boil, stirring
- Stir in rice, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil. Cover;
reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork before serving.
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
Yield: 10 servings, 1/2 cup each
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.