Pumpkin and Cranberry Risotto
Liven up your holiday meal with this great pumpkin and cranberry dish.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup
OCEAN SPRAY® CRAISINS® Original Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; keep
- Melt butter and oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion;
cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Add rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Add wine; simmer, stirring frequently, until all liquid is absorbed. Stir
- Add 3/4 cup chicken broth to rice. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring frequently,
until absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition
to be absorbed before adding more broth. Rice should be tender but still firm
to the bite and mixture should be creamy. This should take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in sweetened dried cranberries and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, garnish with additional Parmesan Cheese.
Prep:15 mins |
Cooking: 26 mins |
Yield: 6 servings
Reprinted with permission from
Ocean Spray Cranberries.