- 1/2 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon (generous) baking powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Whisk pumpkin, egg, salt, nutmeg and baking powder in large bowl to blend.
- Mix in flour (dough will be soft).
- Dip 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon into boiling water to moisten. Scoop up
generous 1/2 teaspoon of dough and return spoon to water, allowing dough to drop.
- Working in two batches, repeat dropping 1/2 teaspoonsful of dough into water,
first dipping spoon into water to moisten each time.
- Boil dumplings until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer to colander and drain.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add dumplings. Sauté
until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer dumplings to bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.