Streusel Sweet Potatoes
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3/4 cup maple-flavor pancake syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped coarse
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish or casserole.
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water 20 to 30 minutes until firm-tender when tested with a fork.
- Drain; cool under running cold water. Cut in 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange slices in prepared dish in concentric circles, overlapping slices slightly.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the pancake syrup with the orange juice. Pour over potatoes. Dot with butter. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and potatoes have absorbed some liquid.
- Mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with 2 knives or rub together with fingertips until the mixture resembles very coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Refrigerate if making ahead.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Uncover and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Pour on remaining 1/4 cup pancake syrup.
- Serve immediately.