Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Casserole
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Casserole: Place potatoes on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH
(100%) power for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Cool slightly; place in large bowl.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, butter, salt and pepper. With potato masher, smash until
lumpy (cut any large pieces of skin into smaller pieces).
- Add eggs; smash until incorporated.
- Spoon into 13 x 9-inch or 3-quart baking dish.
- Topping: Combine sugar, flour, butter and salt in small bowl; stir until
- Sprinkle evenly over casserole; top evenly with nuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and heated through.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat broiler.
- Broil casserole for 1 minute or until bubbly and nuts are toasted.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 41 min | Yield: 18 servings, 1/2 cup each
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.