Sweet Potatoes with Cherry Glaze
Sweet potatoes, an excellent source of beta-carotene, are glazed with antioxidant-rich
cherry juice concentrate - a great combination for enhancing immunity and preventing
cancer and heart disease.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (7 to 8 ounces each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Scrub potatoes and halve lengthwise; do not peel.
- Spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes, cut side down, in pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven 30 to 40 minutes or until almost tender.
- Stir together cherry juice concentrate, brown sugar, butter and ginger.
- Turn potatoes cut-side up and brush with cherry mixture.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 120 cal., 3 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 23 g
carbo., 8 mg chol., 1 g pro., 2 g fiber, 69 mg sodium. Daily RDA values: 190% vit.
A, 4% vit. C, 2% calcium, 4% iron
Recipe and photo credit: Cherry Marketing Institute.