Twice Baked Yams
Yummy, yummy, yummy! Here's a show piece with the taste to back it up.
- 3 pounds small sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon
light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 1 hour or until tender.
- Cool potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Carefully scoop pulp into a
bowl, leaving shells intact. Mash pulp; stir in raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon,
pineapple and vanilla extract.
- Spoon mixture into the shells and sprinkle with pecans and marshmallows.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving: Cal 189 (7% from fat); Fat 1g; Protein 3g; Carb 43g; Chol 0mg;
Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Reprinted with permission from
Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.