Whipped Sweet Potatoes with
Make sweet potatoes even sweeter with a tempting topping of marshmallows, coconut
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pierce each potato twice with a fork so excess steam can escape while cooking.
Microwave potatoes on HIGH for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning potatoes
over halfway through cooking.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Remove skin from potatoes.
- Place potatoes, brown sugar, cream, butter, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice
in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon mixture into greased 13 x 9-inch or 3-quart baking dish.
- Top with marshmallows.
- For the Streusel, mix flour, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans and coconut. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 (1/2-cup) servings
To boil sweet potatoes: Peel and cut potatoes
into 2-inch chunks. Place in large saucepan. Add cold water to cover 1 inch over
potatoes. Bring to boil. Cover and and cook on medium-low heat 20 to 30 minutes
or until tender. Drain.
Substitution Tip: Use 2 cans (29 ounces each)
sweet potatoes, drained, in place of the fresh sweet potatoes. Continue with Step
Reprinted with permission from
McCormick & Company, Inc.