Creamy Pumpkin Soup
A velvety-smooth Creamy Pumpkin Soup that's perfect for a Thanksgiving day first course.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sugar; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, evaporated milk and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 5 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and Meals.com