Pumpkin Curry Soup
Try this sophisticated cool weather dish!
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12-ounce) can NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic;
cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring
occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary);
cover. Blend until smooth.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé® and Meals.com.