Pumpkin Mushroom Bisque
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium or regular chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can (1 1/2 cups) evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Sliced green onion and/or roasted pumpkin seeds
- In a large saucepan cook mushrooms and onion in margarine until tender.
- Add broth, pumpkin, evaporated milk, pepper, salt and cinnamon. Heat through
but do not boil.
- Stir in thawed orange juice concentrate. Heat but do not boil.
- Garnish with green onion and/or roasted pumpkin seeds.