Pumpkin Peanut Soup
Reminiscent of peanut soups made by French settlers to the Louisiana bayou country this luscious Pumpkin Peanut Soup makes a delightful first course for an elegant meal or is rich enough to stand alongside crusty bread and a crisp salad.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, shallots and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in marjoram and thyme; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in milk and peanut butter.
- Transfer mixture to blender or food processor (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and Meals.com