Barbecue Tofu Sandwiches
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 (6 to 8 count) package hoagie, hamburger or hot dog buns
- Drain the tofu between paper towels until most of the water has been squeezed
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Fry tofu strips until golden brown on
- Add onion and cook for a few minutes until onion is of desired doneness.
- Pour in barbecue sauce (use more or less, according to your taste). Cook the
mixture for 10 minutes on low and serve on buns.
Yield: 4 to 6 sandwiches
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes