Chocolate Tofu Mousse
- 2 (600 gram) boxes soft tofu (regular or silken)
- 12 ounces pure, unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 to 1 cup pure maple syrup
- Let tofu sit on the counter until it's at room temperature.
This is VERY important.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or saucepan over medium-low
- Place the room-temperature tofu in blender or food processor, and
add the maple syrup (start with a 1/2 cup and adjust as you blend
to desired sweetness). Turn the blender or processor on to low speed
and begin slowly pouring in the melted chocolate. Once the chocolate
is mixed in and there are no lumps in the mousse, taste test and
adjust the sweetness to your taste. If you add more maple syrup,
be sure to process well.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 15 minutes, or until completely
- Top each serving with tofu whipped cream, a whole, fresh strawberry
and a sprinkling of 100% pure chocolate shavings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.