Coconut Amaretto Bread
This bread is delicious toasted.
- 4 ounces tofu
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Amaretto*
- 14 ounces coconut milk*
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
* 1 teaspoon of almond extract and 1/4 cup of water may be substituted
for the 1/4 cup of Amaretto. 1 1/2 cups water plus 1/4 cup oil may
be substituted for the coconut milk.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Blend together tofu and sugar thoroughly in an electric mixer or
by mashing them together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix Amaretto and coconut milk into tofu until well blended.
- Meanwhile, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Toss in
coconut flakes, then add dry ingredients to liquid mixture and blend
thoroughly. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake until done, about 50 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.