Dairy-Free Tofu Eggnog
- 2 (10.5 ounce) packages lite firm tofu
- 16 ounces vanilla soymilk or rice milk
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated piloncillo (unrefined browns ugar cones) or use brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 to 1 cup rum or brandy (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except nutmeg; blend thoroughly, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Serve well-chilled and dusted with nutmeg.
Yield: 8 (5 ounce) servings