- 2 cakes firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 whole stars of star anise
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- Cut each cake of tofu in half horizontally.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a pot wide enough to accept the
four tofu pieces in a single layer. Bring marinade to a boil and
add tofu. Simmer, uncovered, on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and marinate for 3 hours, turning 2 or 3 times.
- Keep refrigerated and wrapped for up to a week.
Source: Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant Cookbook
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.