- 2 cakes firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 whole stars of star anise
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- Cut each cake of tofu in half horizontally.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a pot wide enough to accept the
four tofu pieces in a single layer. Bring marinade to a boil and
add tofu. Simmer, uncovered, on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and marinate for 3 hours, turning 2 or 3 times.
- Keep refrigerated and wrapped for up to a week.
Source: Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant Cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes