Golden Tofu Bake
- 1 cup Bisquick or
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- Dash of pepper
- 2 pounds firm tofu that has been frozen and thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Thaw tofu and press to remove all moisture. Cut into strips 2 inches
wide and 1 inch thick.
- Put the honey in a small bowl and heat until liquid in the microwave,
about 30 seconds. Beat in the mustard.
- Lay the tofu in a shallow dish and pour the liquid honey and mustard
over the tofu and turn several times to coat. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the tofu and gently shake off the excess honey mixture. Reserve
the honey mixture.
- Combine Bisquick, salt, paprika and pepper in a shallow dish; one
at a time, roll tofu pieces in mixture to coat.
- Melt the butter and pour into the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange
tofu pieces in dish, overlapping if need be. Bake at 350 degrees
F until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Reheat the honey mixture and beat well. Drizzle over the top of
the baked tofu.